It will 11 years tomorrow that Kyle asked me to marry him on a beach in Santa Barbara California. It was a wonderful day which I remember like it was yesterday. I was in my last year of college. Hollie, Kyle and I went on a trip to visit Kelli & Matt in Sunny California. Kyle (with the help of his sisters) planned a day for us to go visit Santa Barbara. We shopped, looked around at the pier and then had a picnic on the beach. And it was at that beach that Kyle got down on his knee and asked me to spend my life with him. I was so excited and I remember coming back into Kelli and Matt's apartment where Hollie and Kelli were, so excited to tell them what happened. I don't think I could have made a better decision that day :) It has been a wonderful 11 years since that day. I still have the picture frame that I made at Color me mine with the date of our engagement on it. Who would have thought that we'd be so blessed with four wonderful children, a home, a amazing church family, friends, family and loving every minute of it 11 years later?
Thursday, December 16, 2010
11 years ago.......
It will 11 years tomorrow that Kyle asked me to marry him on a beach in Santa Barbara California. It was a wonderful day which I remember like it was yesterday. I was in my last year of college. Hollie, Kyle and I went on a trip to visit Kelli & Matt in Sunny California. Kyle (with the help of his sisters) planned a day for us to go visit Santa Barbara. We shopped, looked around at the pier and then had a picnic on the beach. And it was at that beach that Kyle got down on his knee and asked me to spend my life with him. I was so excited and I remember coming back into Kelli and Matt's apartment where Hollie and Kelli were, so excited to tell them what happened. I don't think I could have made a better decision that day :) It has been a wonderful 11 years since that day. I still have the picture frame that I made at Color me mine with the date of our engagement on it. Who would have thought that we'd be so blessed with four wonderful children, a home, a amazing church family, friends, family and loving every minute of it 11 years later?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I remember it like it was yesterday too. I remember you calling your mom and saying, " MOm, and my ring is big!" Hahaha Love having you as one of my sisters!
Ahhh.....this post made me cry! :) MEMORIES! I love it. I remember it like it was yesterday too. Becca, I love you! I am so glad you are part of our family and love the way you serve my brother. It is so encouraging for me to see the joy and blessings that you and Kyle have with eachother and the family you've created. Love it!
PS Good talking to you this AM!
Post a Comment